The structure is a T-shaped reinforced concrete footbridge with four spans. It rests on the barrage of Pallon (05) over an opening of approximately 30 m.
The water intake structure of Pallon leans against a scree slope on the right bank, and a limestone cliff on the left bank. It was built in 1960 as a replacement for the previous structure which presented defects due to pressure from the right bank.
Client & Project Manager
- Predominant ground/structure interface
Recalculation, repair and reinforcement of a T-shaped footbridge which is subjected to floodgate load and counter-weight, and the layout of an abutment which butts against the footbridge due to pressure from the ground: predominant ground/structure interface on the behaviour of the footbridge.
Mission of Diades
DIADES carried out the assessment and project management, including:
- Pre-project layout of the abutment on the right bank to remedy and overcome the pressure from the scree on the right bank,
- Recalculation of the structure, with and without taking into account the pressure of the scree,
- Pre-project repair and everyday maintenance of the footbridge,
- Pre-project reinforcement of the footbridge, using composite materials composite.